Thursday, January 26, 2012

Things Thursday

Good Morning lovelies!

I'm feeling kinda random this morning so I'm joining in on the Things Thursday blog post. But I don't know how many random thoughts I'll come up with yet so its just TT.

1.  I'm vitamin crazy these days, yes I might just turn into a tree hugging, birkenstock wearing granola freak! I just love how well they work for so many things and without the crazy side effects of so many drugs. (That being said - i still have my vicodin on the top shelf just in case!) I take: magnesium, feverfew, fish oil, Coq10, B2 and B6 as well as probiotics.

2. Along the lines of my vitamin craze I just subscribed to the digital version of "Natural Health" magazine.

3. Finally, the last of my vitamin randomness, I just bought a supplement called, Emerita Libido Formula. Yup its for the libido. I blush as I type.  www.emerita.com  It contains damiana leaf and muira puama - basically I'm tired of fighting off my horny hubby and am going with the addage: "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"  I'll let you know how it goes.

4. I am down 10lbs from my bout with migraines through Christmas, as I've said before it is my silver lining. I love wearing smaller sizes and I love the number on the scale BUT here's what I've learned. I'm pear shaped, I'll always be pear shaped. I have the dreaded cellulite and lighter or heavier its still there. So, when I gain back the ten pounds and I probably well, I am at a bit of an unrealistic weight here, I will just be a fuller version of the skinny me. I just need to embrace it.

5. My DD had her first TOM in October. Yup 10.5yrs old. Holy donkey balls. Freaked me out, even though I was expecting it sort of.  She's gone 35 days, 28 days, and is now at 21 days. Shit in 3 months at this rate she'll have no off time?!! WTH? 
Anyhoo, the good news is, her mood swings have completely evened out, she was completely off the charts before but now its soo much better. Hold on to that thought all mothers of daughters!

6. I'm loving your comments. Thanks Laura, and Kelly. Kelly - I've gotta find some of those Moonlight DVD's. Love me some Alex O'Loughlin.  Laura - I'm not 2 months on the dry wagon by choice, the side effects of alcohol and my anti-anxiety meds (that's a whole stupid post on its on) would be ugly!! So in 5 days when I'm off my meds I can and will enjoy a Mikes Hard lemonade and probably the resulting buzz - because I'll be an even cheaper drunk!!

7. Short and Sweet: I have great respect for those who have anxiety disorders. Its awful. When I get I full blown, praying to the Gods migraine, I also have anxiety attacks. So my doc put me on anti-anxiety meds.  She also wants me to talk to a therapist about my anxiety.  Here's the skinny:  I DON'T HAVE ANXIETY (unless I'm sick).   My doc obviously isn't a mom and doesn't get migraines. All moms everywhere worry that they won't be able to look after their kids the way they want when they're sick.  Nuff said

8. Last randomness for today: I have a chiropractic appt. tomorrow. My neck is not right. I have used a chiropractor before with good results but I am very nervous about having adjustments on my neck. I have promised myself that tomorrow will be a consult only. See what he thinks is wrong and hear what he thinks will make it all better.

So it ended up being 8 things Thursday!  I'm off to IHOP with the kiddos.
See you tomorrow for BYOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment