Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shopping Advice

Today I went shopping. It wasn't bathing suit shopping but let's just say with a bubble butt and generous thighs, jean shopping is the next worst thing!

I thought I would share some things I've learned to make your shopping trip more enjoyable!

1. Knee Highs Do NOT wear knee high socks/nylons... knee high anything when you're trying on pants. Seriously - tights, full nylons or NUSSING (I've been waiting to use that word - thanks Me, Drazil and Shenique)
Knee highs cut your leg in half, and if the change room mirrors weren't bad enough, the knee highs make you look like a stumpy leg little person. Nuff said about that.

2. Change Room Mirrors: DON'T look in them when you're NEKED! They aren't flattering so unless you are one supremo confident chick, don't do it. Cellulite looks like moon craters, fat looks like whale blubber.... Get it?! Pretend its not there while you're disrobing, turn your back to it and for the love of all things holy DON'T look when you're backside is facing it.

3. Sizes: Always grab a larger size than you think you'll need.  I don't care if you've been an 8, a 10, a 2 all your life (well if you're a 2 - pftttt), grab one size larger as well as the size you think you'll need. Why? Because it feels great to say to yourself or the salesperson, oh this doesn't fit, could you get me a smaller size?! Compare that to: this is too tight for my ample butt cheeks could you get my ass a larger size (and its own zipcode while you're at it).

4. Buy it in every color: Finally, if it fits, buy it and 2 more because you know when you need another one, the style will have changed or the fit will have changed and you won't be able to find what you want. This leads to tears and tantrums and fits of unhealthy eating, which does nothing for the bubble.

With all that in mind, and a trip to Target, Kohls, and yes Meijer, I went to Buckle. Its a fabulous, trendy store. It also carries $145 jeans! 2 years ago I gave in and bought a pair - loved them and still do, they look great, truly FLATTERING!! but damn expensive ( That's why I try every other store first). Today my lovely attendant, who shall remain nameless (because I can't remember what it was) pulled 3 pairs of jeans off the rack and I slid right into them!!! They fit. The wash on one pair wasn't flattering, they need to be hemmed and the waist nipped in but they fit AND....... wait for it..... $189 total for two! I thought I was going to have to sell my first born to buy them because I resolved to walk away with two no matter what. 
I tell ya ladies, BUCKLE is the store. I'll upload pictures after I get them back - and, the store hems them FREE. 

For my clean eating friends, You have to check out this blog, The Gracious Pantry, they have fabulous recipes and menu plans.
Happy Weekend and Shopping all

No comments:

Post a Comment