Saturday, November 19, 2011

BYOC and life's craziness!

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s Friday and that means it’s time for another installment of BYOC! That’s Bring Your Own Crazy!! We answer 5 questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog if you so desire – and ENJOY!


1. What is your FAVORITE part of Thanksgiving?
FAMILY - hands down.
Most years we travel north to Canada to visit with family but we were just there in October so this year both sets of parents will be at our house and I'm so glad not to have to drive. I wish my sister could come down here too but she's still suffering with a terrible terrible virus and needs to stay home and rest.

2. How many Thanksgiving family events will you attend?

ONE!! Whoo Hoo That's the best part about living far away from family.

3. What’s your biggest Thanksgiving tradition?

We really don't have one - although this year I just ordered the Jeff Dunham DVD Insanity (http://www.youtube.com/embed/dq-VlHYaGYs) and its freaking hilarious. I plan on making that the DVD tradition the same way we watch Christmas Vacation at Christmas time!
We do put up the Christmas tree on the Sunday - this year the parents will be roped into it too!

4. Do you Black Friday shop the day after Thanksgiving?

Always thought I'd like to, but there's nothing on sale that I want badly enough to stand out in the cold at some unGodly hour fighting the crowds to get.  I'd rather shop black Friday online sales.  My dad really wants to go, that's why he's travelling down here I think so who knows I may go with him.


5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog world.
I have been MIA for so long. I'm a substitute teacher and I've been working so much that I really haven't had time to sit and blog. I've been loving reading about your fabulous lives though.
I lost my memory stick for my camera so I can't share the pics of our gingerbread church as it was made but tomorrow or Monday I should have a pic of the finished product just in time for the Historical Gingerbread House contest. Soo excited - I know you're on the edge of your seats.
 
and just 'cause I want to add a pic to this blog, here's the coffee mug I painted with some friends a couple of weeks ago.
 

2 comments: