Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Trot

I did the Turkey Trot, and no that doesn't refer to a waddle to the ladies room after bad turkey. I did my first virtual 5K race.  I didn't print off the "correct" bib but other than that I think I did it right.  I'm damn slow these days though. I used to do this in 26-27mins in the summer!!!  My winter warm weight is slowing me down a bit.

No Thanksgiving meal for us today, parents and inlaws arrive in the next 2 days from Toronto so we'll eat a big meal Saturday. However, having said that, my DH is watching BBQ pit boys on youtube to figure out how to make a sausage bomb!!! Ground sausage stuffed with some yumminess and then covered with a bacon lattice work.  My ass is going to look like a turkey butt after this weekend.
Hope everyone is having a restful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. One of my goals is to run a 30 minute 5K one day. Go, girl! Be proud of your time, and remember that improvement is always within reach!

    ReplyDelete